- Improvements for color matching when converting an image
- Extra knit symbols, the complete set of craft yarn council is now available
- Lock your charts or PDF files to prevent unwanted changes
- Fix for selected technique not saved after creating a new file
- Fix for changing additional info text of symbols
- Fix for tap and hold on textfield at bottom of chart
- Fix for scrolling PDF thumbnails
- Removed is loading text from freeform charts
- Newly created and archived projects contain all charts
- Updated feedback form with option for attachment
- Swipe left on a archived project for detailed data info
- Tap and hold on a textfield doesn’t work if it overlaps stitch numbers. Workaround: Move textfield first.
- Selected techniques when creating a new chart doesn’t update the tools. Workaround: Go to the chart settings and reselect the correct techniques.
- Sleeping mode not suspended when working with PDF’s
- Unable to scroll PDF page thumbnails. Workaround: Change to ‘Show Two Pages’ in the chart settings.
- Can’t change the description text for used symbols. Workaround: Edit text in ‘All’ tab only.
It seems that some users accidentally are opening the original PDF files instead of a Knitting Chart file. That way it seems notes and counters are gone. The next update will add a warning when opening something else than a Knitting Chart file.
Some features were added before, but there were so many (bigger) changes I’ll highlight them for this version:
- Place symbols aligned on a square on line (freeform charts). Tap and hold on a existing group to edit the number of symbols, or the symbol used for the group.
- Tap and hold on a text field to add a bracket (to mark a repeating section in your chart).
- Tap and hold on a cell selection to swap colors and symbols.
- Tap and hold on a stitch number on the side to insert or delete columns or rows.
- Tap and hold on tools for the description.
As you can see tap and hold is my (and your) new BFF. I see it as a touch device alternative for the right CLICK 😌.
Fix for working with large patterns and dark lines not showing in grid.
I’m refreshing the website. I think I’ll maintain a news section to include news, tips etc…
Fix for selecting PDF files outside the app folder on your device.
Lot’s of new features and changes!
- Projects are now save as files, move them to iCloud for easy access and syncing.
- Place images as graphics in your charts
- Convert your full canvas to a color chart by selecting ‘Canvas To Color Chart’ in more options
- PDF files include draggable rulers and optional highlights to mark your progress
- New Panels for the legend and row counters, minimise themn for optimal use of screen space